Honeyed Beef Stew
We enjoy this stew cooked slowly to infuse the various flavours.
- 2lb (1kg) steak, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded & chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp mustard powder (optional)
- 6 floz tomato ketchup
- 3/4 pint of water
- salt and pepper to taste
Making the Stew
- Heat the oil in a pan
- Add the beef and fry to seal all sides
- Add the vegetables and fry for five minutes
- Mix all ingredients into a large casserole dish
Cover and cook in the oven on GM4, 180C, 350F for 2 to 2 ½ hours.
Serve with baked potatoes or with basmati rice.
Print this page
Links to other areas of the site
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
We’ll keep you informed and updated
Copyright © 2012 -Diabetia - All rights reserved.
Conforms to W3C Standard