Recipe for Plums in Toffee Sauce
Sounds wicked and unhealthy doesn't it?
Tastes wonderful and is fine as long as you eat it after a main meal.
- 8 fresh plums (one punnet)
- 1 tablespoon of butter or spread
- 1 tablespoon of light brown muscovado sugar
- Gently melt the butter or spread in a saucepan
- Add the sugar
- Cut the plums in half
- Remove the stones
- Add to the sugar and butter mix
- Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes
This is so quick and easy to put together, yet wouldn't be out of place at a dinner party or special meal.
Links to other areas of the site
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
We’ll keep you informed and updated
Copyright © 2012 -Diabetia - All rights reserved.
Conforms to W3C Standard