Vegetable Risotto with brown basmati rice
Vegetable Risotto Recipe - made with brown basmatic rice
Brown basmati rice forms the basis of this tasty recipe, suitable for vegetarians.
This is an ideal meal for a cold winter evening.
- 25g butter or cooking spread
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200g brown basmati rice
- ½tsp mixed herbs
- 500ml chicken stock
- 750g mixed frozen vegetables
- Fry the onion in the butter, until soft
- Add the rice and herbs, stir well
- Add the chicken stock
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- Add the frozen vegetables
- Cook gently for a further 5 minutes
Serve hot with a topping of grated Parmesan cheese.
Diabetic Christmas Recipies - stuck for ideas for the festive
season? Try our family favourites
Desserts & Puddings - tasty sweets that you wouldn't know
were low in fat and sugar.
Links to other areas of the site
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
We’ll keep you informed and updated
Copyright © 2012 -Diabetia - All rights reserved.
Conforms to W3C Standard