These cookies are deliciously tasty and healthy too !
These drop cookies make a nice everyday or Christmas cookie, the orange and spice giving a great taste, perfect for the holiday season.
Allow 10 minutes for preparation.
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup whole wheat (wholemeal) flour
- sugar, equivalent to ½ cup (e.g Splenda® or similar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup soya margarine or spread
- 1/3 cup chopped or snipped raisins (snip in half with scissors)
- 2 beaten eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375°C, 190°F (10 degrees lower for fan oven)
- Mix the flours, sugar, baking powder, orange, salt & nutmeg together.
- Cut in pieces and mix in the margarine or spread, until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs
- Add the raisins and egg.
- Mix well.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a little orange juice (from the peeled orange)
- Use teaspoons to drop spoonfuls onto a greased baking tray
- Use a fork to flatten out the cookie dough
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Make 20-24 cookies
These taste great last thing at night served with cold milk.
Try variations of this recipe – swap dried cranberries for raisins, add some chopped pecan nuts, mixed nuts or
pine nuts to boost the goodness and flavour.
This recipe is sugar free and low-carb.
Carb count:24.64 per serving (2 cookies)
(You can further reduce the carbs buy switching to an all-gluten free flour.)
Low carb cake recipe ideas – tips for low or no sugar baking